“Dark ambient surrounds us on each side, nobody can touch it, but its influence on our lives is perceptible every day.” – Dark Matter
Interview with Dark Matter
1. Give us a brief history of the project
History of the project was formed in my head for a long time before I started to play . Previously I was making only clips and I put them into youtube with passion , choosing graphics or pictures so that it formed a strong visual concept. Viewers claims that I understand dark ambient very well, that´s why I started to produce more music .
2. What are your influences?
Always inspiring me are emotions .. mood .. for example; emptiness, contempt, oblivion, melancholy, shame, anger, temptation … there are lot of them.
3. What does your studio or recording space look like?
My recording studio is very simple atelier. It’s the place where I like listen to music, watch videos , altering images or using the internet.
4. What do you feel as you record music?
While recording the most important thing for me is concentration. When I’m really concentrated I stop to think about all the things in the world I do in everyday life (work , cleaning, cooking, laundry , small child etc.). In a word I’am stay turned off.
5. If you had to listen to one artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?
I couldn’t listen to one artist for the rest of my life.
6. If you could meet someone living or dead,who would it be and why?
I would like to meet Nostradamus to talk to him about the capsule , which he constructed. He walked up into and made this amazing trip in time. Today it is known as the theory of concave parabolic mirrors.
7. What is something that not a lot of people know about you but you WISH more people COULD know?
I am loyal.
8. Who is your favorite prophet?
I do not have a favorite prophet.
9. Any last words?
stay sick !